Responsibilities: Servicing everything from general news to magazine shows and documentaries, CCTV America’s award-winning photojournalists approach every shoot with a creative eye and attention to detail.
Whether live shots at the White House or a photo essay in Cuba, our storytellers capture images that tell international stories to a global audience. Assignments always vary; from think-tanks in D.C. to international events like UNGA, G20 and AIPAC.
Work in hostile environments is a possibility as is breaking news situations. Most travel is within the U.S. but some international trips are needed.
Standard equipment includes Sony PDW-700, Canon 5D, Litepanels, and Adobe Premiere. Staff photographer/editors work under the Chief Photographer and report to the Director of News Gathering in Washington D.C.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- A sudden deployment to breaking news is also a necessity
- In addition to superb lighting and stellar shooting, exceptional editing is just as important
- He or she must be able to succeed under the pressure of live television news production
- Must have a clean driving record and be physically fit enough to transport industry-standard video and lighting equipment
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude and the ability to work in a diverse, international newsroom is a must
- Minimum of five years ENG experience as shooter/field cameraman/editor
- University degree in broadcast journalism
- requires a flexible schedule and should be able to work overtime, weekends and holidays when needed/assigned
- Non- linear editing (NLE) experience a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience with multi-camera lighting
- Demonstrated ability with Premiere or similar NLE
- Familiarity with DSLR and full frame cameras
- Facilitating live shots through various forms of transmission (TVU, BGAN, satellite partners, etc.)
- Knowledge and interest in international news with ability to understand different perspectives and experience working in a diverse, multicultural newsroom
- Interest in China and Asia-Pacific a plus
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: email@example.com
Now you can watch CCTV America wherever you are, online or on mobile.