Responsibilities: We are searching for an experienced (4+years) Business TV & Online Producer to work in Washington, D.C. as part of a highly motivated team made up of people from all over the world.
Energetic and detail oriented, the ideal candidate will be tech savvy and be able to adapt to different and changing technical and editorial environments and demands. Problem solver with experience in a pressure-filled TV newsroom who is flexible enough to also produce for the web as needed.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Uses all production elements accurately, consistently and creatively
- Writing and editing stories for TV and web
- Segment production including working for and with our growing team of field reporters
- Monitors wires and feed sources for updated information
- Times programs and segments with a good sense of pacing, energy and urgency
- Juggling multiple tasks and switching gears quickly including between TV and web work
- Works with assignment editors, reporters, writers and bookers while making editorial and content decisions in accordance with Executive Producer
- At times may line produce Global Business and help generate editorial content for Global Business
- Brings fresh ideas and approaches to presenting complex financial stores to a global general audience
- Recommends, consults and briefs the Executive Producer on editorial content and planning
- At times prepares planning calendar, gathers news information, and helps source guests and story opportunity
- Coordinates with producers, reporters, and guest bookers throughout the production process
- At times will participate in other newsroom duties in news gathering or output as required by Executive Producer
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Over 4 years of new and online production, preferably in an international environment
- Experience in package, segment and line production a plus
- Business news and international news preferred
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Now you can watch CCTV America wherever you are, online or on mobile.