CCTV America is looking for a New York Correspondent.
Responsibilities: Apply considerable ingenuity, “out of the box” creative thinking and analytical skills to identify, evaluate and resolve complex problems within their assignments. Gather and analyze events of international significance and write news stories for television broadcasts and online.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver succinct and comprehensive general news and business packages and concise live shots
- Pitch original story ideas for CCTV America’s long and short form programming
- 5 + years of broadcast television experience
- Experience with global business news stories, including covering Wall Street and the markets
- Experience in breaking news and ability to travel with quick notice
- Interest in and understanding of China
- Demonstrated aptitude in covering national and international news stories
- Show flexibility with working hours, including weekends and nights
- Possess an understanding of and appreciation for a multi-national, multi-cultural work environment.
- Perform well in a high pressure, deadline driven environment
- Demonstrate experience in breaking news scenarios and sound decision making ability when under pressure
- Ability to perform daily responsibilities swiftly, accurately and comprehensively
- Team player who can overcome communication gaps and rapidly changing scenarios to deliver positive results
- Interest in China and Asia Pacific a plus
- International news gathering experience for both TV and Digital a plus
- Knowledge of Washington institutions a plus
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity company, EEOC
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Now you can watch CCTV America wherever you are, online or on mobile.